Product Development Manager/ Senior Scientist Position (100%)
Redbiotec based in the Zürich area is seeking for a senior scientist in the field of product development.
About Rebiotec AG: Redbiotec AG produces multi-component virus-like particles (VLPs) and protein complexes for the use as novel vaccines and biologics as well as drug targets for therapeutic antibodies. These protein assemblies are produced using Redbiotec’s proprietary protein co-expression platform (rePAX® technology). Our main focus is the generation of multi-component VLPs for development of vaccines to prevent CMV, influenza, HPV induced cancer and other viral diseases. Redbiotec AG was founded in 2006 as spin-off from the ETH Zürich and is located in the biotech
center Zürich in Switzerland.
Your role: As senior scientist you will independently lead the development of new products in the area of VLPs for antibody development, VLPs as vaccines and for prime-boost applications. Your responsibilities will include the design of VLPs, the development of the products in the laboratory and to lead project teams. Therefore, expertise in the field of immunology, virology as well as molecular biology and recombinant protein expression is required. Occasionally you will present at scientific congresses or at customer meetings and will support business development activities. You will report to the management of Redbiotec. We are looking for a flexible, well-organized, communicative team player with leadership skills to expand our young and motivated team. The expected starting date is July 2012.
Your qualifications (required):
- PhD in Immunology, Virology or related discipline
- Several years of R&D experience, preferentially in industry
- Expertise in molecular biology, strong expertise in virology and immunology
- Expertise with virus-like particles and antibody development
- Project management skills: Demonstrated record of effective project management
- Strong team and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to supervise lab personnel
- Good communication skills and entrepreneurial flair
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken)
- Experience in protein biochemistry and with membrane proteins would be a plus
Please send your application by email to Dr. Corinne John: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receive your application until April 16th 2012.